Phyllis Apple Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp.cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.nutmeg
- 4 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- With electric mixer, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, oil and vanilla. Sift together
- flour,salt,soda,cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into wet mixture.
- This is a stiff batter. With a spoon, stir in apples and nuts.
- Spread in a greased 13x9" pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree
- oven until cake tests done, approx. 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack
- for 10-15 minutes, then spread with frosting.
3 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
3 Tbls. Butter or margarine, softened
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and confectioners sugar together.
Add a bit of milk if necessary.