OMG BBQ Chicken
My friend Pat says she has used "Carolina Treet" for forty years and also this is her children's most requested meal when they visit. I can understand why.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up for frying
- Carolina Treet BBQ Sauce www.carolinatreet.com
- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Place chicken pieces in shallow baking pan and add about a cup of water just enough to surround the chicken and cover the bottom of the pan (this keeps it moist while baking)
2. Coat top side of each piece of chicken with "Carolina Treet" (This is a tangy cooking BBQ sauce made in Wilmington NC and found in most grocery stores in NC. The bottle has a website www.carolinatreet.com and number 1-800-616-6344 written on it)
3. Coat chicken again using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.
4. Place the pan of chicken in the oven at 375 degrees for about an hour and fifteen minutes or until chicken is done.
5. Turn chicken half way through baking and coat the other side with the two sauces.
If you see the water evaporating too quickly you can add a little more while it is cooking.
I think the secret is the water in the pan keeping it moist and the combination of the two sauces.
You'll also love
- Easy Zucchini Quiche 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Biscuit Breakfast Bake 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Asiago Chicken Pasta with... 3.7/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken in Sweet Onion Mushroom... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Cheez-It Crusted Chicken... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pineapple "Coffee" Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken, Two Ways 4.3/5 (12 Votes)