Chicken in Sweet Onion Mushroom Sauce (Campbell's)
Coated boneless chicken breasts are sautéed and then simmered in a delectable sauce featuring sweet onion soup, mushrooms and minced onion. Serve it over your favorite pasta or mashed potatoes for an easy, delicious and hearty dish that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds thin-sliced skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 carton (14.5 ounces) Campbell's® Sweet Onion Soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
1. Stir the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the soup and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.