Chicken and Feta Cheese Stir-Fry
- oil for frying
- 6 chicken breast fillets, deboned, skinned and cut into strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 250 g. fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 300 g. fresh spinach (stems removed), shredded
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 feta cheese wheels, crumbled
- penne pasta, cooked, for serving
1. Heat a little oil in a pan.
2. Season the chicken strips lightly with salt and pepper and stir-fry until just done. Remove from the pan.
3. Sauté; the onion in the same pan until tender. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until done. Add the spinach, heating until tender. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cinnamon and add the crumbled feta cheese.
4. Stir-fry until the feta just begins to melt. Serve with the penne.