Baby Bok Choy and Leeks
- 2/3 cup rice (mix of black, brown and wild)
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- 2 leeks, chopped
- splash low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 bunches baby bok choy, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (or more low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 cup cooked edamame beans
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Wash rice thoroughly. Combine water and rice in saucepan, bring to boil, then simmer covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Move to serving bowl, top with chopped cashews and set aside.
2. Sautee onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and leeks in a little chicken broth until tender. Add baby bok choy, remaining broth and coconut milk (or more broth) and steam until greens are beginning to get tender.
3. Add edamame beans and heat through. Serve with rice dish.