Rate this recipe 4/5 (28 Votes)
- 1 (500 grams) piece large whole tilapia
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to season fish
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 1/4 cup butter, for sauteing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut in strips
- 1 thumbsize ginger, jullienned
- 1/2 cup red and green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 carrot, jullienned
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon msg(optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt(adjust to your taste preference)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar(just add to your taste preference)
Adapted from pinoychow.com
1 Season the fish with salt and fry in hot oil.
2. Heat up the pan with oil, saute the garlic, onion and ginger.
4 Put in the carrots and the red and green bell peppers. Cook for a minute.
5 Add water, vinegar and black ground pepper and bring it to a boil. Do not stir until it comes to a boil.
6 Add brown sugar and dissolved cornstarch, stir and cook until the sauce becomes thick.
7 Put the fried fish. Then cook for a 2-3 minutes.
8 Serve with rice.
You'll also love
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Stuffed... 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Greek Rice with Leeks (Prasorizo) 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fragrant Prawn, Crab & Salmon Thai... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Rockfish Fillets 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Giada's Tilapia Fish Taco's with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe