Streusel Apple Pie in a Frying Pan
We made this apple pie in an eight-inch pan.
It’s a great Dutch apple pie recipe and if a
regular apple pie is too big for your household,
this may be just right.
If you wish to make this in a standard nine inch
pie pan, increase the ingredients by
about 1/3. Measurements don’t have to be
- For the topping:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced, 1/4-
- inch thick
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from preparedpantry.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Form the crust and line the pie pan.
Decorate the top edge as desired.
2. Mix the sugar, first measure of flour,
cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
Toss the apple slices in the mixture
to coat. Pour the mixture into the pie
3. For the topping, cut the butter into the
other ingredients using a pastry knife.
Spoon the toping over the pie.
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the
top is browned and the pie is bubbly.