Grilled Chicken & Peaches with Chipolte-Peach Dressing
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup peach nectar
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 large peaches, rinsed, fuzz wiped away, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
Adapted from bonappetit.com
The grilled chicken recipe calls for the sauce from a can of chipotles but not the chiles, so here are some ways to use them. Stir minced chipotles into room-temperature butter and freeze; the butter makes a great quick sauce for grilled fish or steak. Add the chiles to mayonnaise for a spicy sandwich spread. Toss a few minced chipotles into melted butter for corn on the cob, or add them to cornbread batter.
Coat grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir preserves, next 3 ingredients, 2 teaspoons oil, and chopped cilantro in medium bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/4 cup dressing to small bowl.
Brush peaches, then chicken with oil and dressing from small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill peaches until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
Place 1 chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Surround with peaches. Drizzle dressing from medium bowl over chicken and peaches. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.