Amazing Apple pie
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced ( I used 4 large apples)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
Adapted from stayingclosetohome.com
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer. Add cinamon, clove all spice and vanilla
2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples that have been mixed with the sugar mixture. Add the crust and brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Allow to cool fully before serving.
Read more at http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/bakeware-perfect-amazing-apple-pie-recipe-giveaway.html#Kgu1vQdv4YA6XTfT.99