- Ingredients (Salmon)
- 3 pcs salmon fillets
- toasted sesame seeds
- Ingredients (Teriyaki Sauce)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, pounded
- 2 thin slices ginger
1. Place soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a sauce pan, cook until sugar dissolves.
2. Mix water with cornstarch, pour into the sauce pan. Cook until sauce thickens, remove the garlic and ginger then set aside.
3. Lightly season salmon with salt.
4. In a large skillet add oil then once hot pan-sear salmon until all sides are browned, it will take roughly 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. Place in a 200C preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, pour teriyaki sauce on cooked salmon then serve with freshly steamed jasmine rice.