Baked Stuffed Veal Breast
From Great Grandma Ruta from Italy 1800
Rate this recipe 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- 1 veal breast (have butcher make pocket)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread (day old)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 large onion
Sprinkle top with olive oil granulated garlic, dry basil, oregano, salt and pepper and Romano cheese.
Bake 350 for about 2-½ hrs.
Clean breast and salt and pepper inside. In large mixing bowl stir eggs with cheese. Crumble bread with hands and stir in mixture. Add garlic, salt, and pepper, parsley flakes and oregano. Stir until well blended. In bottom of pan grease with shorting or oil sprinkle with some seasonings. Place meat in pan and rub shorting on breast and season with spices and cheese mixture. Cover during baking. After one hour add onion. Slices to juice and baste. Cover again and bake until well browned Let set about 15 minutes before cutting.
You'll also love
- Pork and Sauerkraut with Spaetzle 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef & Mozzarella Bake 3.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Cornish Hen and Grapes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Pot Roast Recipe 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe