Braised Mahi Mahi and Vegetables
This easy dish takes less than 30 minutes to make and fits into low-carb diet plans. Double the recipe for a family-size meal. Other firm fish like halibut or cod would be good too.
- Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame or safflower oil
- 1 to 1.25 pounds mahi mahi fillets, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets (2 to 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 tablespoons water
- 5 drops stevia extract (or 2 tea honey)
Adapted from mothering.com
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and tilt pan to distribute it. Add fish and brown on all sides. Add remaining ingredients. Whisk sauce ingredients together and pour over fish and vegetables. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and fish is cooked through. Serve over rice or noodles if desired.