Beef Stew Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless lean beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed vegetables (from 12-oz bags)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 jar (12oz) beef gravy
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury Grands! Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated flaky biscuts
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
1) Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, thyme and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
2) Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together mixed vegetables, potatoes, tomatoes, gravy and mushrooms. Stir beef into vegetable mixture. Pour into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 28-30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
3) Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Place biscuit pieces evenly on beef mixture, leaving space between pieces. Bake uncovered 14 to 18 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.