Classic Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 38mins
Adapted from BettyCrocker.com
Cut beef across grain into 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch lengths.
Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.