- 1 cup dried penne pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp drained capers
- 2 , 6 oz fresh salmon, tuna, or swordfish steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large saucepan cook the penne in lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes; drain and set aside. Pasta will not be tender. In a medium bowl combine partially cooked pasta, mushrooms, wine, pesto, lemon juice, and capers; set aside.
2. Rinse fish, pat dry. Sprinkle both sides of the fish steaks with the creole seasoning; set asie.
3. In a large skillet cook the fish in hot oil over medium-high hea for 1 minute; turn and cook for 1 minute more. Reduce heat to medium. Spoon the pasta mixture around the fish in the skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 6-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Makes 2 servings.