Southern Apple Fritters
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Chopped Apple
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 T Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, optional
Pour oil into skillet so that it is approximately 1-1/2 inches deep. Heat oil on high. (360 - 375 degrees F.) Oil is ready when dough floats to top. Carefully add dough to oil in heaping Tablespoons.
Cook until brown, about 2 minutes, then flip. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until both sides are browned. Transfer briefly to paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer to cooling rack.
Make glaze by stirring milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle over apple fritters. Wait approximately 3 minutes for glaze to harden, then flip fritters and drizzle glaze over the other side.
Best served warm.
You'll also love
- Old-Fashioned Irish Oatmeal Cake 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- DRIED BANANAS 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Chilean Sea Bass with a... 3.9/5 (106 Votes)
- Sugary Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Hot Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe