Panko-Crusted Walleye fillets are a healthy spin on the British classic fish and chips. Make these for a special occasion or keep them all to yourself.
- 1 1/2 pounds walleye fillets
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 33mins
Adapted from meijer.com
1) Rinse walleye fillets; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle walleye with salt and pepper to taste. In shallow dish, combine melted butter, mustard, 2 tablespoons of parsley, lemon juice, & cayenne pepper. In separate dish, combine panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese & remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley.
2) Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Coat walleye fillets in butter mixture, then evenly coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated walleye fillets on unlined baking sheet. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown & flakes easily.
3) Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook & stir 2 minutes. Add garlic & cook 30 seconds. Add bok choy, red pepper flakes, & salt to taste. Serve walleye fillets on bed of bok choy.
You'll also love
- One Pot Brazilian Chickpeas & Rice 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cream Cheese and Onion Chip Dip 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crab Toast with Lemon Aioli 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- flounder oreganata 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper Flounder [HCG] 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Grilled Walleye with pecans 4/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe