Grilled Fish Tacos
These grilled fish tacos are a celebration of colors, textures & flavors with chewy purple cabbage, plump red tomatoes & spicy salsa. Grilling the fish makes these tacos lighter & healthier than the common battered & fried version.
- 2 lbs firm white fish (halibut or snapper), cut into 1-inch strips
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 1.5 c shredded red cabbage
- 2 lg tomatoes, chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- prepared salsa or hot sauce
- EVOO for brushing the grill
- spray bottle filled w/water
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 T ketchup
- 1/4 c crema Mexicana
Preparation time 55mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
1. Dip a paper towel in EVOO and, using tongs, brush over clean grill.
2. Grill fish over med heat, 2-3 min each side.
3. While fish is grilling, spray tortillas w/a little H2O & set them on grill to warm, turning frequently. Continue warming, 2 @ a time, remove from grill & stack.
4. When fish is done, place 2 strips in each tortilla, top w/shredded cabbage, chopped tomatoes & a spoonful of sauce.
5. Serve w/lime wedges & salsa.