Fettuccine Alfredo - Baked
- For the Fettuccine, combine:
- 1 lb. dry fettuccine, snapped in half
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp, minced fresh garlic
- Minced zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Stir in:
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 Cups grated pecorino, Asiago, or parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp black pepper
- optional : cooked chicken
- For the topping:
- 1/2 Cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 Cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 400
For the fettuccine, combine pasta, broth, water, garlic, zest, lemon juice, and salt in a 9x13 in baking dish. Cover dish with foil and bake 20 min. Uncover dish, stir pasta with a fork, cover, and bake 20 minutes.
Stir in half & half, 2 cups cheese and pepper. Cover casserole and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil, stir casserole and if still thin, bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more.
Preheat broiler to high with rack 6 inches from element.
For the topping, combine bread crumbs, remaining pecorino, and parsley. Sprinkle topping over casserole and broil until golden, 3-5 minutes.
648 calories per serving