Shrimp and Mushroom Risotto
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- (I use already cooked frozen shrimp that have been thawed.)
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion or shallot
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice* or medium-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon paremsean cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley(optional)
- Arborio, an Italian short-grain rice, is available at Italian markets and many supermarkets.
Bring broth and 1/4 cup wine to simmer in medium saucepan. Reduce heat; keep hot. If using fresh shrimp add the shells and tails into broth for more flavor.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Add the peas, 1 teaspoon garlic and crushed red pepper, then shrimp. Sauté until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup wine. Simmer until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain shrimp, reserving cooking liquid.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic; sauté until onion is pale golden, about 4 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat, about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups broth mixture. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding broth mixture 1 cup at a time, stirring often and simmering until liquid is absorbed before adding more, about 20 minutes. Stir in reserved shrimp cooking liquid. Cook until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
Stir shrimp, mushrooms, peas, and 2 tablespoons parsley into risotto. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowls. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons parsley. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of parmesean cheese on top of each bowl.
You'll also love
- Seafood (Portuguese Cod casserole) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus With Herbed Goat Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Figgy Duff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rubio's Fish Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Chicken Bow-Tie Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Steak With a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- new england fried shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)