- 8-10 Shallots
- 2 Medium Chopped Tomatoes
- 2-3 Curry Leaves
- 2 Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 16 oz Lite Coconut Milk
Adapted from recipes.malayali.me
1. Heat oil in a large pan or pot and add mustard seeds.
2. Add tomatoes, shallots, green chillies and curry leaves and cook for a few mintues until the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
3. Stir in turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and some salt.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil on medium flame.
5. Reduce heat and add the coconut milk, stirring continuosly.
6. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve over rice.