- 3/4 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 large Granny Smith or other baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup apple cider or water
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- Light frozen whipped topping, thawed, and ground cinnamon for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 deg. Spray a shallow 2-1/2 qt baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, brown sugar, and 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. Mix well. In a large bowl, combine apples, raisins, and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
Place half of apple mixture in the prepared dish. Pour the cider evenly over the top. Dot with 1 Tbsp of butter; sprinkle with half of the bread crumb mixture. Spoon the remaining apple mixture over crumbs; top with the remaining butter and bread crumb mixture.
Bake until crumbs are golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Place dish on a wire rack and cool slightly. To serve, place crisp, warm or chilled, on serving plates. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (890 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 4.4/5 (65 Votes)