Apple Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound ground chicken, preferably organic
- 1.25 cups onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cups apple, preferably organic, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups frozen spinach, preferably organic
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs, homemade or store-bought, or panko crumbs work as well
- 2 cups canola or grapeseed oil for frying
1) Combine first seven ingredients in a bowl. Mix together with your hands or spoon. Shape into small patties.
2) Put bread crumbs in a shallow dish and press the pieces into the coating
3) Heat enough oil for shallow frying in a large frying pan. Add nuggets and cook about six minutes, three minutes per side, turning occasionally, until light golden and cooked through. Dry on a paper towel or rag and cool. Serve with a side of vegetables and fruit, and your favorite dipping sauce!
TO BAKE (instead of pan fry): Bake at 425 for about 15-20 minutes until firm to the touch.
Put 4-5 nuggets into pint size freezer bags for individual servings and freeze. To Serve: Microwave for about 1-2 minutes, may be a little mushy. You can defrost in the fridge, and heat them up in the oven, stove top or toaster oven until crispy again.
You'll also love
- Amazing Chicken Parm Meatballs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Chicken Parm Meatballs 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Crock Pot Applesauce Granola 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sherry Sour Cream Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dr Oz Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Divan Puffs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tennessee Fire Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Springfield Style Cashew Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)