Mini Farfalle with Roasted Peppers, Onions, Feta & Mint
Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups pasta and 1 tablespoon nuts)
Fat:17.4g (sat 5.1g,mono 4.1g,poly 3.3g)
- 8 ounces mini farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2. While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts; cook 4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, raisins, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until onion begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers; cook 4 minutes or until heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid; cook 1 minute, stirring to combine. Remove from heat; stir in feta, mint, basil, and black pepper. Sprinkle with nuts.