Turkey with pasta
poultry main dish
- 1 1/2 C thinly sliced carrots
- 1 C thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2-3 C cubed cooked turkey (pre-packaged or left over)
- 1 can un-drained diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 C white whine or chicken broth (I use 1/2 C each)
- 1/4 C fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 3 C cooked pasta
Adapted from bing.com
Cook and drain pasta to package directions.
In large skillet over medium low heat sauté carrots, celery and onion in the olive oil until tender.
Add garlic and sauté a minute or two longer.
Add turkey, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, broth, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Toss cooked pasta with sauce and serve.