Aebleskivers Danish Pancake Recipe
These tasty little snacks have a very similar batter as pancakes and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or even as an appetizer. You can stuff aebleskivers with a wide variety of sweet and savory fillings like; pumpkin and spices, fresh fruit, jams, chocolate, caramel, cheese, veggies, or meat. You just won’t know which aebleskiver is your favorite until you and the kids try making them for yourselves
Don’t wait another minute! Everyone needs to know how to make pancakes from scratch. It’s one of those basic, breakfast recipes you’ve just got to teach the kids early. Here’s a yummy pancake recipe that starts with a basic, whole-wheat pancake recipe, then adds pumpkin and spices to make pumpkin pancakes. It’ll remind you of a fresh pumpkin pie. It’s all in the flip of the wrist, so get busy flipping these pumpkin pancakes and then top them off with apple butter, and serve with a frosty glass of low-fat milk.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. In a medium size mixing bowl measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a small mixing bowl measure the milk, vanilla, oil, and add the egg.
3. Give a couple of quick stirs with a whisk to break the egg yolk and everything is mixed well together.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Use the whisk and mix just a few seconds, until all the ingredients are moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
6. The Aebleskiver pan should be lightly greased and hot, then fill each opening ½ full with batter.
7. Cook about 1 minute until lightly browned and turn with a bamboo skewer, chop stick, knitting needle, 2 prong fork, or toothpick. Cook 1 minute on the other side.
8. Serve with homemade strawberry syrup and fresh fruit. Yum!
* For a special treat add a small piece of cheese and ham before turning
over the Aebleskiver.
You'll also love
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Garlic... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Lemon & Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes... 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Apple Puff Up Pancake - Dutch... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
Review this recipe