Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cut up
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tsp freshly grated or groundnutmeg
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (about 5 pounds), cut into 2 inch chunks
- 24 Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Premium White Rolls with Sesame Seeds
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 165mins
1. Stir the picante sauce, cranberry sauce, sugar, mustard, and nutmeg in a 6 quart saucepot. Heat to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 10 min. Add the pork to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours or until the pork is fork tender.
2. Remove the pork from the sauce and cool slightly. Shred the pork, using two forks. Return the pork to the sauce and heat through. Serve about 1/2 cup shredded pork on each roll. Top with lettuce and cole slaw.