Chipotle Pork Burrito Bowls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 ounce jar of your favorite salsa
- 1/2- 7 ounce jar of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 2 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup Jasmine rice (cooked according to directions)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
Adapted from ahealthylifeforme.com
In a dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil and add onion.
Cook 3-5 minutes until start to soften add pinch of kosher salt and add garlic.
Stir for 30 seconds.
Add salsa, chopped Chipotle and ½ sauce from can of peppers. (I use a fork to remove ½ of the peppers to chop and a spoon to remove ½ of the sauce from the can)
Stir to combine, add chicken broth and bring to slow boil.
Sprinkle Pork tenderloin with salt and pepper on all sides.
Add to broth, cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
Flip Pork tenderloin half way through cooking.
When done cooking, turn off heat, but keep pan on burner.
Remove pork tenderloin from broth and let rest on cutting board.
Start cooking rice. How to cook Perfect Rice recipe
Place broth in blender and puree until creamy, 30 seconds.
Place broth back in Dutch oven.
Shred pork using two forks and place back in Dutch oven.
When rice is finished cooking add to Dutch oven and stir ingredients together to coat.
In serving bowls add ¼ cup of Refried beans and top with serving of pork.
Top with sprinkle of feta.
Top with egg, avocado, sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro.