Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 28 0z pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 Tbs divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel topping (optional)
- Streusel Topping
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 stick butter,softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture has a crumbly texture.
Press evenly into a 9x13 pan lined with heavy duty aluminum foil .Bake 15 min or until browned.
In a large bowl,beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Add eggs,one at a time and the vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl,stir apples with cinnamon and the remaining 2 Tbs sugar. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with streusel topping.
Bake 30 min or until filling is set.
Drizzle with caramel topping if desire.