- 2-3 lbs crawfish tails
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1/2 c green onion tops and parsley tops chopped
- 3 c cold water 1 can (lg) tomato sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 c chopped bellpepper
- 3 pods garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp flour (self rising)
- salt and pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Salt and pepper tails. Set aside
Melt butter in heavy pot, add flour and stir til golden brown.
Add celery, garlic, bell pepper and onions and cook until celery is tender.
Add tomato sauce and water,tails,and seasonings . Bring to a boil.
Simmer uncovered for 30 mins stirring often. Add onion and parsley tops , simmer for 15 mins.
Can substitute shrimp- if not precooked.. boil first in a little water with crab boil.
Serve over rice.