- 2-3 lbs crawfish tails
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1/2 c green onion tops and parsley tops chopped
- 3 c cold water 1 can (lg) tomato sauce
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 c chopped bellpepper
- 3 pods garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp flour (self rising)
- salt and pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Salt and pepper tails. Set aside
Melt butter in heavy pot, add flour and stir til golden brown.
Add celery, garlic, bell pepper and onions and cook until celery is tender.
Add tomato sauce and water,tails,and seasonings . Bring to a boil.
Simmer uncovered for 30 mins stirring often. Add onion and parsley tops , simmer for 15 mins.
Can substitute shrimp- if not precooked.. boil first in a little water with crab boil.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (129 Votes)