Baked Potato Soup
195 calories per serving
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Combine potatoes, red pepper and broccoli in slow cooker bowl. Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW or until potatoes are tender.
In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half, 1/3 cup sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly. Stir in half-and-half mixture and scallions. Spoon soup into bowls.
Divide bacon among bowls and dollop each with sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, if desired.