Spiced Chickpea Dish
- 30ml Sunflower seeds
- 1400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 5ml Chilli powder
- 5ml Paprika
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 200g Canned chopped tomatoes
- 225g Fresh spinach, stalks removed
- 10ml Sweet chilli sauce
- Salt and ground pepper
1. Heat a wok / non-stick frying pan. Then add the sunflower seeds. Dry fry until the seeds are golden and toasted.
2. Remove the sunflower seeds and set aside. Toss the chickpeas in chilli powder and paprika. Remove and reserve.
3. Heat the wok, then dry fry garlic with onion. Add the chickpeas and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and stir fry for 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach, season well and stir fry for another 1 minute.
5. Drizzle chilli sauce and scatter sunflower seeds over the vegetables.
6. Serves 4 (6 as a side dish)