Crockpot Whole Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (5 1/2 - 6 pound) whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick
- 4 small red potatoes, cut in eighths
- 3 celery ribs, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick
Place half of sliced onion on bottom of slow cooker crock.
Rinse chicken and pat dry.
Sprinkle all sides with seasoned salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of sliced onions in crock.
Arrange remaining onion, carrots, potatoes and celery around chicken.
Cover slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Chicken is done when meat temperature registers 170 degrees F in the breast or 180 degrees F in the thickest part of the thigh.