Pressed Cubano with Bacon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (3 oz) Hawaiian rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 8 (1/2-oz) slices reduced - fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and halved
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces thinly sliced 33% - less - sodium ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli roasted turkey breast.
Combine oil and garlic.
Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with mustard. Place 1 cheese slice, 2 bacon halves, 3 pickle slices and 1/2 teaspoon cilantro on bottom half of each roll. Divide ham and turkey evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 1 cheese slice and top half of roll. Brush garlic oil evenly over outside of rolls.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches, and press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat with remaining sandwiches.