Macaroni and Cheese
- •7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- •1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- •4 cups milk
- •1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- •1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- •1 pound elbow macaroni
- •3 cups coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
- •1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Macaroni-and-Cheese-11625#ixzz1AbIGGXKw
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. and butter a 3- to 4-quart gratin dish or other shallow baking dish.
In a heavy saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat. Add flour and cook roux, whisking, 3 minutes. Add milk in a stream, whisking, and bring to a boil, whisking. Add mustard, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer sauce, whisking occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
In a kettle of salted boiling water cook macaroni until just al dente, about 7 minutes, and drain well. In a large bowl stir together macaroni, sauce, Cheddar, and 1 cup Parmesan and transfer to prepared dish.
In a small bowl stir together bread crumbs and remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and sprinkle evenly over macaroni. Cut remaining 1 tablespoon butter into bits and scatter over topping.
Bake macaroni in middle of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Macaroni-and-Cheese-11625#ixzz1AbIJzzjt