Home-Style Ground Beef Casserole
Home-Style Ground Beef Casserole is guaranteed to be a new family favorite! Cheesy, creamy, and packed with tons of flavor, it has never been easier to make everyone excited for dinner!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14-ounces) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 (10-ounces) can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3-ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounces) cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounces) cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (4-ounces) cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from beef.betterrecipes.com
Cook beef in large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in diced tomatoes with basil and next 5 ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove form heat.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water as package directs. Drain. Stir together hot cooked noodles, chopped green onions, sour cream and cream cheese until blended. Spoon noodle mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. top with beef mixture; sprinkle with shredded cheeses in order listed.
Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Freeze assembled, unbaked casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed.