Chicken Pot Pie with Applesauce and Blueberries
Lactose and Soy free
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, frozen
- salt, pepper and organic garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 3 T. organic Better Than Bouillon Chicken paste, or 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. organic plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c. bouillon broth, reserved from cooked chicken
- 1 package frozen organic mixed vegetables
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks organic celery, diced
- 1/4 c. organic salted butter, melted
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/4 c. corn starch
- 2 T. minced onions
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 pre made pie crust such as Pillsbury
- 1 egg for glazing
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 pint organic blueberries
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Gather the ingredients and preheat oven to 420 degrees.
2. Add water and bouillon paste or cube to a large ceramic pan. Arrange chicken so they are not overlapping. Seasons with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover with plastic wrap.
3. Cook in the microwave on high for 10 minutes. Remove from microwave. Turn chicken over, replace wrap and microwave for another 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine soy milk, sour cream, vegetables, butter, flour and seasonings.
5. Remove chicken from microwave. Take chicken out of broth and allow to cool. Take 1/2 cup of bouillon broth and add it to the bowl. Mix until smooth.
6. Place bowl in microwave and cook for 7 minutes on high.
7.Unroll one pie crust into 9" pie pan. Place mixture in pie pan. Top with other pie crust. Use a fork to poke holes in the top for venting the steam.
8. Crack egg in bowl. Whip with fork and then paint egg on pie crust with pastry brush.
9. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes to cool.
10. Serve with blueberries and applesauce.