Italian Sausage Hoagies
When you get those pesky hoagie cravings, this recipe is for you! Italian sausage, marinara, and yummy mozzarella cheese are the stars of this delicious Italian sandwich.
- 4 (2-ounce) hoagie rolls, halved lengthwise
- 9 ounces sweet turkey Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Amy's)
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2.25 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat broiler to high.
Hollow out top halves of rolls. Arrange rolls, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add marinara, bell pepper, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
Arrange about 3/4 cup sausage mixture over bottom half of each roll; sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons cheese. Place on a baking sheet; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with top halves of rolls.
You'll also love
- Blue Cheese,Pesto & Mushroom... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P2/3) Beef Marinade 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Cowboy Bacon Beans by Ree Drummond 4/5 (64 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage and Pepper Rustica... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Sunday Gravy,... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Italian Sausage, Potato & Spinach... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)