- Cabbage Borsht
- 1 lrg can whole tomatoes
- 1 head cabbage
- pint of sweet cream, half and half
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 bay leaves or 1/2 tsp basil
- 3 to 4 cups water, cover everything
- 2 lbs stew meat, cooked until tender
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix, see recipe below
- Onion Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup instant minced onion
- 1/3 cup beef flavored instant bouillon
- 4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
Combine all ingredients, mix and cover with water and cook until cabbage is tender.
Onion Soup Mix
Mix all ingredients together well, and store up to 6 months in cool, dry place. Stir before each use.
Five tablespoons of the mix equals 1.25 oz. pkg. of purchased dry onion soup mix.