Swiss Spinach Strudel
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain cream cheese
- 1 9oz package of frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 4 oz (1cup) shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, blend well. Add spinach, Swiss cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
Unroll dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press to form 12 x 8 inch rectangle, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon and spread 1/2 of spinach mixture lengthwise on half of the dough. Fold untopped half of dough over filling, press edges and ends to seal. Spray top of dough with cooking spray. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat with second dough.
Bake at 400 for 18 to 24 minutes or until golden brown.
Note - To quickly thaw spinach, cut small slit in center of pouch and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove spinach from pouch and squeeze dry with paper towels.