Grilled Italian Sausage
- 1 1/4 lb. Italian sausage links (4-5 links)
- 2 large bell peppers cut lengthwise into fourths
- 3/4 c. Italian dressing
- 2 c. uncooked penne (6 oz.)
- 4 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh basil or 1/2 t. dried
Preheat gas grill. Grill sausages over medium heat for 15 to 20 min, turning frequently, until no longer pink in the center. Brush bell pepper pieces with about 2 T. of the dressing. Add to grill for last 10 min. of the sausages' cooking time, turning frequently. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pkg. directions; drain. Cut sausages into 1/2 in. thick slices; cut bell peppers into 1 1/2 in. pieces. Toss pasta, sausages, peppers, tomatoes, and remaining dressing. Sprinkle with basil.