Warm Macaroni and Veggie Salad
- 2 roasted red peppers – sliced
- 1 bunch of scallions – chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes – blanched and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/2 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Olive oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Place the peppers on a pan in the oven and roast for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove and let cool before slicing.
Bring a small pot of water to a simmer and add the tomatoes. Simmer for a minute or two until the skin gets slightly wrinkled. Remove from the water and let cool before gently removing the skin and chopping.
Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the scallions, garlic and tomatoes. Sauté on low until the scallions are tender. Add the olives, basil and seasonings. Gently simmer while preparing the macaroni.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, grated cheese and dash of extra red pepper flakes.