Tamarind-Honey Lamb Kebabs On Mashed Yams
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce*
- 3 tablespoons tamarind concentrate**
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 1/4 pounds yams - (abt 3 medium) (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick)
- 20 cubes boneless leg of lamb, 1 1/2" - (abt 2 lbs)
- 4 metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked 1 hour)
* Chili-garlic sauce is slightly salty, spicy, and pungent; it can be found in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets and at some specialty foods stores and Asian markets.
** Tamarind concentrate, a dark, seedless paste, is available at Middle Eastern, Indian, and some Asian markets.
Stir first 5 ingredients in bowl to blend. Pierce yams with fork. Microwave on high until tender, about 12 minutes, turning once. Cut yams lengthwise in half; scoop flesh into microwave-safe bowl. Add butter; mash. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; place rack on sheet. Transfer 1/2 cup tamarind glaze to large bowl. Add lamb; stir to coat. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Thread 5 pieces of lamb onto each of 4 skewers. Sprinkle with salt. Brush with some of remaining glaze. Broil lamb to desired doneness, occasionally brushing with glaze, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Rewarm yams in microwave, about 2 minutes. Divide yams among 4 plates; top yams with lamb skewers.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Striped Bass With Swiss Chard,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stacked Enchiladas With Turkey And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Cranberry And Dried-Fruit... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon And Cucumber Ribbon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Turkey With Apple Cider Pan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Lamb With Marionberry-Pecan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moroccan Slow-Cooked Lamb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Yams With Cinnamon-Chili... 0/5 (0 Votes)