Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 (14 ounce) package beef cocktail wieners
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- Maple syrup to taste
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Refrigerate 2/3 of the bacon until needed. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon.
3. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar generously over all.
4. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.
5. Pour Maple Syrup over weiners.