Cucumber Herb Grilled Crust Pizza
Light, fresh, and full of the flavors of summer. Beat the heat and stay cool as a cuke. Pizza on the grill. Brilliant!
- 3 tablespoon Ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- pizza dough
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Mix the cheese, yogurt, herbs, and salt & pepper. Taste, and adjust to liking.
Slice cucumber and tomato.
Roll dough out and place on a baking sheet to take to your grill.
Heat grill on high and brush to clean. Reduce heat to medium high heat, Wipe the grill with an oiled cloth or paper towel. Place dough directly on grill (once the dough has been placed on the grill, do not attempt to move it other that to turn it). Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side turning only once (depending on the thickness of your dough and the heat of your grill cooking times will vary). I pay attention more to the dough than the time. The crust will bubble and you can watch for some color to appear around the edges. Flip using a pizza paddle or large spatula.
Remove the grilled crust and allow to cool. Spread the crust with the herbed cheese mixture, arrange cucumbers and tomatoes, and garnish with some more fresh herbs.
Serve at room temperature.