- 1 pound carrots, approximately 7 medium, peeled and cut on the bias 1/4-inch thick
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- Heavy pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup good-quality ginger ale
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a 12-inch sauté pan over medium heat, combine the carrots, butter, salt and ginger ale. Cover and bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, remove the lid, stir, and reduce the heat to low. Cover again and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, add the chili powder and increase the heat to high. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the ginger ale is reduced to a glaze, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately.
*Cook’s note: Does NOT make good leftovers.