Twice Baked Cauliflower
Low cal/low carb alternative to a potato dish
From Kalyn's kitchen (kalynskitchen.blogspot.com), recipe adapted slightly from The Low Carb Gourmet
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked very crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from recipes.sparkpeople.com
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in large pot of boiling water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks. Mix in cream cheese, butter (if using), sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the bacon.
Spread evenly in an 8 X 8 inch glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.