Smoked Salmon-Wasabi Tea Sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 12 thin slices whole wheat bread
- 8 ounces thinly-sliced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Mix wasabi powder and 2 teaspoons water in medium bowl to form paste. Add cream cheese; using electric mixer, beat until well combined.
Place all bread slices on work surface. Spread each with wasabi cream cheese, dividing equally. Top 6 bread slices with smoked salmon, dividing equally. Sprinkle lemon peel, then cilantro over salmon. Top with remaining bread slices, cheese-side down. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Wrap sandwiches individually in paper towels and refrigerate.)
Trim crusts. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Transfer to platter cut side up.
This recipe yields 24 pieces.