Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Recipe stolen from my awesome friend:
- the veggies
- 1 · 1 eggplant, peeled & cubed
- 1 · 1 large bell pepper, cut into squares approx. 3/4 inch
- 1 · 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 · 2 zucchinis, sliced into 3/4 in rounds
- · Tomatoes (I used 4 Roma, so if you use a bigger tomato, use less), diced
- the spices
- · lots of Minced Garlic (I used like 6 cloves)
- 1/4 · 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 · 2 heaping TB Herbs de Provence
- 1 · 1 TB salt
- · fresh ground pepper to taste
- *You will also need 1 TB of balsamic vinegar, but not until the end.
- the procedure
- 1 .) Preheat oven to 450º
- 2 .) Eggplant is super moist, and you want to get rid of that moisture
- by tossing it with salt and setting it inside of a towel.
- 3 .) While that's happening, you can prepare the spices. Just put all
- of them (except balsamic) together in a small bowl and mix.
- 4 .) Once the eggplant is dry, combine everything EXCEPT the tomatoes
- in a bowl and mix with your hands until everything is coated with the
- oil mixture.
- 5 .) Spread the veggies into one layer on a roasting pan, and roast
- them for about 30 minutes, until they are fall-apart soft.
- 6 .) Take them out of the oven, pour back into the bowl, and top with
- the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
- 7 .) You're done! Serve this over some quinoa* and stick in some pretty crostini.