Baguettes With Smoked Salmon And Dill Butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted European-style butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/2 French-bread baguette
- Dijon mustard
- 1 cup watercress thick stems trimmed
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
Mix first 3 ingredients in small bowl.
Cut baguette horizontally in half. Spread Dijon mustard on cut sides of bread. Spread dill butter over. Top with watercress, then smoked salmon. Sprinkle with pepper. Cut each sandwich crosswise into 6 equal pieces, making 12 total.
This recipe yields 12 hors d'oeuvre.